Hey there, I’m Abbie
And welcome to One World Wanderer!
I’m a 20-something girl living in North Queensland, Australia, writing stories and travelling as much as possible.
I created One World Wanderer to help you- a millennial, student, budgeting, full-time working, or travel-chasing badass- that adventurous, cultural, and regular travel is still possible despite the restraints you might have.
I know that not everyone wants to pack up their lives, sell or their belonging, and explore the world (but even if you do, my info is still totally relevant). Most of the time, we still have to work and study and pay the bills, despite dreaming of travelling on the regular. That’s why I take the stress out of travel planning by showing you exactly how to:
What qualifies me to teach you?
Well, I’ve been where you are. In fact, I’m probably still there.
Solo traveller afraid of being alone and seriously anxious? Yep, that’s me.
Broke uni student with nothing but a measly budget to work with? Yep- I’m her too.
Full-time worker? In debt? Want to earn more money? Need to figure out how to travel more with only a few vacation days a year? Broke again?
Yep- unsurprisingly, that’s all me too!
Do you get the idea?
Despite all the setbacks, sad bank accounts, and busy schedules, I’ve still made travel a priority since entering into adulthood. And since then, I have, among other experiences, explored the Cherry Blossom festivals in Japan, snorkelled all over the Great Barrier Reef, and ridden a camel in Qatar. I have hot air ballooned in the Yarra Valley, bungee jumped in Queenstown, watched a sunrise over Angkor Wat, and visited the ancient ruins of Delphi, Greece. I have eaten top-notch ramen in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and admired the beauty of the Norwegian Fjords. Among about a million other things. Check out this post to get a full list of the countries I’ve visited!
You see, travel has been my priority through it all. Through the degree I finished in 2019, the full-time jobs, and even unemployment.
I’ve figured it out. Exactly how to make travel a priority, save money, budget accordingly, face those fears and travel more.
So let me help you do the same!
A little bit more about me
- Once, when I was eleven, I tripped over my own hand and almost broke it!
- I don’t have a favourite country, but if I was forced to choose, I would probably pick Cambodia, Indonesia, New Zealand, Bosnia, and Australia!
- I was lucky enough to call Lake Louise, Canada, home for a little while
- I have a degree in Creative & Critical Writing and History!
- If I could choose one place to go back to in history it would either be the peak of the Trojan War or sit in on one of the famous ghost story meetings between Mary Shelley, Lord Byron, Percy Shelley, and John Polidori!
- I write fiction and am currently working on my first novel- a book about nightmares.
- I own a husky named, Luna!
If you want to follow my travels, check me out on Instagram 🙂
If you’d like to work with me, you can see what kinds of collaborations I do here!
Or, check out my freelance writer website where I can help you grow your blog, website, and social media presence!
Want to guest post? Here’s how you can!